Memory Day Care
Welcome to Van Dyk Health Care’s first Social Adult Day Care Center for individuals experiencing memory loss and related cognitive impairments. Under the guided leadership of Pam Tokarczuk, Executive Director, Van Dyk Memory Care Center’s trained and compassionate staff recognize and understand the day to day responsibilities caregivers juggle in the care of a loved one at home.
Family Caring for Family
We are committed to helping our day care members and families who struggle with Alzheimer’s and related memory impairments.
Van Dyk Memory Care Center provides safe, secure and socially engaging daily programs skillfully chosen to reach the “Mind, Body and Soul”. Members enjoy two nutritionally prepared meals in the Centers dining room. Caregivers can have a peace of mind enabling them to receive a well-deserved break in the day to handle personal needs or simply to relax.
Family Caring for Family is our commitment to you.
From individualized member designed programs to support groups and highlighted social gatherings the journey of Alzheimer’s and memory loss is traveled together.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Delivering long term care, rehabilitation services, assisted living and home care solutions since 1953
- Loved one continues to live at home
- Comprehensive assessment of an individual’s lifestyle, cognitive status and family history
- Safe, secure and socially engaging family like environment
- Dementia care expertise for assisting those with memory loss
- Holistic approached programs reaching the “Mind, Body and Soul”
- “Stay connected during the day” with a mobile application providing real- time communication, photos, videos, and messages
- Support groups for the whole family
WHAT DO DAY CARE MEMBERS LOVE ABOUT US?
- Provides a safe and secure setting
- Maintain independence and self- esteem
- Creates routines and social interaction
- Participate in meaningful and beneficial activities
- Two meals included in daily rate
- Reminiscence Therapy
- Brain fit exercises
Mind, Body, Soul
Word Challenging Games
Guided Autobiography or Reminiscing
Reading and Poetry Group
Certified Exercise Training
Horticultural and Gardening Group
Activities With Our Local Community
Schools and Volunteer Program